This basic sugar cookie recipe is equally delicious and requires no special ingredients. Or maybe coconut isn't a staple item in your house like it is mine? If coconut isn't your thing, mix in some nuts or M&Ms instead.
When I made these cookies last night, I had no intent of creating a blog post. Then I tried them and they were so good I knew I had to share the recipe. Even Chris likes them and that's saying a lot because he is not a sweets guy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 per batch
Ingredients (5 dozen cookies)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla, then gradually blend in the dry ingredients and coconut.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets (I use a small Oxo scoop which holds 2 teaspoons of dough) about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let stand on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Powered by Recipage