While looking for an arugula recipe, I noticed that Lauren had posted a photo on Instagram of delicious looking creamy pasta with arugula. Yeah, despite my initial hesitation, I'm a bit more into Instagram now.
From there, I found a simple cream sauce recipe, bought some pasta and decided to add CSA summer squash and a CSA onion. So as it turns out, I really dislike arugula and am feeling better about ignoring it in my box every week but I'm glad I gave it another try. If you feel the same way about arugula, I recommend using spinach or chard in this recipe instead as written below.
Creamy Pasta with Spinach and Zucchini
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 1/2 lb small-shaped pasta such as fusilli, farfalle or penne
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 pound zucchini (2 medium summer squash), chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 oz chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and zucchini, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add wine and lower heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cream, salt and pepper, simmer for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- At the end of the cook time, add peas and spinach. Stir until spinach is wilted a little. Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese
- Drain pasta, then return to saucepan and add sauce. Stir until pasta is well coated. Add additional salt and pepper, as desired.
Powered by Recipage