I had no idea that dough dockers existed until recently. I've always used the fork method for docking, but my pizza crusts started having massive air bubbles so I turned to google where I found the dough docker recommendation.
I bought a small cheap Fox Run dough docker and am really happy with it. It's the type of thing that is only worth purchasing though if you make pizza quite often as we do.
Vegetarian Taco Pizza
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (12" pizza)
- 15 oz can refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded co-jack cheese
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped lettuce
- Heat oven to 450 degrees with pizza stone in it for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough into a 12" circle, prick all over with a fork and bake on pizza stone for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the refried beans, salsa and chili powder until smooth.
- After removing the par-baked crust from the oven, spread the bean mixture over the crust, then top with corn, black beans and cheese.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or so, until the cheese has melted. Top with tomatoes, green onions and lettuce.
Powered by Recipage