At first glance the recipe seemed kind of bland, but I'm so happy I made it because the ingredients work so well together! Oh and on a side note, I completely forgot to add the olive oil when I first made this and I still thought it was delicious.
There are a couple Trader Joe's items I recommend to make this salad come together quickly. One is 10-minute farro which cuts the cook time considerably. The other is their crumbled goat cheese.
Am I the only one who hates trying to crumble goat cheese? It's so soft that it ends up just smearing between my fingers. Buying the crumbled version costs a bit more per ounce, but I think it's worth it ($2.49 for 4oz crumbled or 5oz log).
Farro & Goat Cheese Salad with Dried Cranberries
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 cups farro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 8 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Cook farro according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- While farro is cooling, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, rosemary and garlic.
- Once farro has cooled, toss with cranberries, parsley and goat cheese. When you are ready to serve the salad, stir in the dressing. Refrigerate leftovers.
Powered by Recipage