The recipe comes from allrecipes.com and it's definitely a winner. I follow the cupcake recipe exactly but have made a couple changes to the frosting.
I like to pipe the frosting (Wilton 21 tip) and decorate with candy corn and Wilton micro leaves. Are you a fan of candy corn? I like it in very small quantities, but unfortunately Target only had jumbo bags, so I used some extras as a plate decoration :)
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (24 cupcakes or 96 mini)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Add eggs to stand mixer bowl and beat slightly. Then, blend in the oil, sugar, and pumpkin. In a medium bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Then, add to pumpkin mixture and beat until well blended. Portion cupcake batter into lined muffin tins, filling about 2/3 full (a large Oxo scoop works well).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until center springs back when touched. Reduce to 23 minutes if using foil liners or 12 minutes for mini cupcakes. Place muffin pan on a wire rack to cool for about half an hour before frosting (mini cupcakes will cool more quickly).
- Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. Spread over cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.
- I use a Wilton 21 tip to pipe the frosting and to decorate, I add candy corn or sprinkle Wilton's micro leaves.
Powered by Recipage