I love all things pumpkin and these scones are no exception. They're delicious plain and even better with a little drizzle. Our new kitchen is tiny and things are still in boxes, but luckily I was able to find everything I needed to make this recipe.
There are currently no Trader Joe's nor Penzeys Spices down here, so I had to rely on my supplies from Wisconsin. A Trader Joe's is opening soon and you better believe I've got that date marked on my calendar!
I tried a couple different drizzle techniques, using a fork for half and a Wilton squeeze bottle for the remaining scones. The bottle method was definitely less messy but I kind of prefer the more rustic looking fork dripped look as seen below.
I can no longer bring treats into the office because I now work from home for the same Wisconsin company, so Chris is taking a plate full of scones into work with him tomorrow :)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12-14 minutes
Ingredients (16 scones)
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin and milk together. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (I use my hands toward the end to help the ingredients come together).
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead a few times. Divide dough in half. Pat out each half into an 8-inch circle, brush with milk and cut into 8 wedges. Places wedges 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks and cool for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients and drizzle over scones. Serve warm.
Powered by Recipage