I was looking for a way to use up leftover goat cheese and luckily stumbled across a fantastic recipe for an herbed goat cheese spread. Paired with crostini, this recipe makes a great appetizer.
To make crostini, you just slice a baguette, then brush a little olive oil and sprinkle some salt on each slice. It makes a great base for this cheese spread.
This recipe reminds me of cream cheese, but better. If you're not a fan of thyme, substitute your favorite herb, with fresh herbs being preferable.
Crostini with Herbed Goat Cheese
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Ingredients (24 appetizers)Crostini
- 1 baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and quartered
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Slice baguette into 1/2-inch slices on the diagonal. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle a little salt on each slice. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in food processor bowl, combine goat cheese, yogurt, olive oil, green onion, thyme, pepper and garlic. Process until smooth.
- Spread goat cheese mixture on each cooled crostini, or alternatively serve with crackers.
Powered by Recipage