I stopped when I got to cranberry-pear crisp because in addition to cranberries, I also can't resist buying pears. The two work so well together in this recipe, with the sweetness of the pears balancing out the tartness of the cranberries...well sugar and brown sugar helps too :)
It takes an hour for this dessert to bake and then cool, but the prep work is minimal and if you have ramekins, you can serve dessert straight from the oven!
Just a couple of years ago, before I started really cooking I made fun of my mom for buying ramekins for a specific recipe. As it turns out they're inexpensive and useful! I've used them for vegetarian pot pies, deconstructed stuffed peppers, and baked dips.
Cranberry Pear Crisp
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1/2 cup chilled butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 6 firm pears, peeled and cut into 1/2" pieces (6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse butter with flour until pea-size clumps form. Add 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and oats. Pulse until large clumps form, about 10 times.
- In a large bowl, toss pears with lemon juice. Add cranberries and 1/3 cup sugar; toss well.
- Transfer to six 8-oz ramekins (or a 3-quart baking dish). Sprinkle with topping, then bake about 25 minutes, until the topping is golden.
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream.
Powered by Recipage