If you're of the mushroom persuasion, a commenter on Allrecipes.com mentioned that she likes to add sautéed mushrooms. I bet Chris would love that because he loves mushroom risotto.
I wish I liked mushrooms and tomatoes and chocolate and seafood...I could go on, because that would make life easier but instead I fear I'm forever destined to be labeled a picky eater.
Orzo with Parmesan & Spinach
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4 as a side dish)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 16 oz vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups fresh spinach, torn into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in orzo and saute four 4 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and continuing simmering until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. In the last minute of cook time, add spinach and stir until wilted and combined.
- Remove from heat, then stir in Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Powered by Recipage