When I saw that I would be receiving two types of kale (Red Russian and Green Curly), I immediately sought out a new kale recipe to try. I found a winner in Macheesmo's stir-fry recipe.
After work, I picked up my CSA box, then stopped at the store for chickpeas, a summer squash, and one lemon. I love simple recipes.
Macheesmo recommends serving this stir-fry on flatbread or over rice. I have a lot of different rice varieties on hand, so I chose the latter. Specifically, Trader Joe's quick-cook organic brown basmati rice.
Lemony Kale & Chickpea Stir-Fry
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4" slices and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch of kale, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 lemon, juice only
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and chickpeas. Saute chickpeas for 5 minutes, then add cumin and cook for another minute. Remove chickpeas from pan, and set aside.
- Add garlic and zucchini to pan, cook for 1 minute. Then add kale and cook for another minute.
- Add chickpeas and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately, either with flatbread or over rice (I prefer basmati rice).
Powered by Recipage