Combined with pappardelle noodles from Glorioso's and bread from Nino's Italian Bakery, it was a perfect meal!
When making pasta, it's tempting to just top it with sauce from a jar. However adulterated sauce from a jar is even better, and almost as easy. The artichokes and roasted red peppers I added both came from Trader Joe's jars.
A side salad would be a great addition to this meal, however I opted for the less nutritious but more delicious option of garlic bread :)
Artichoke Spinach Pasta
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach, torn into bite-size pieces or 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 12 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 4 oz red wine
- 26 oz jar marinara pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 oz whole wheat pasta
- Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook 2 minutes.
- Add artichokes, roasted red pepper, spinach, red wine, marinara sauce and seasonings. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta to boiling water. Cook for 7 minutes (or according to package directions), stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta, then top with sauce and freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Powered by Recipage