The recipe I followed is from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone, which is a great cookbook. I didn't make any changes with the exception of the bake time, which I reduced for my mini tarts.
Strawberry-rhubarb jam is one of my favorite farmers' market purchases. The jam I used for this recipe came from the Dane County Farmers' Market, which I went to last month.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes (18 for mini tarts)
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup jam
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter, powdered sugar and brown sugar. Cream together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; beat until smooth.
- Next add baking powder, cinnamon, flour and salt, mixing until combined.
- Set aside approximately 3/4 cup of the dough and press the rest evenly into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom or four 4-inch tart pans.
- Spread the jam on top. Mix the reserved dough with the nuts, and crumble it over the top of the jam.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 40 minutes (9-inch tart) or 18-20 minutes (4-inch tarts). Let cool.
Powered by Recipage