BBQ Black Bean Pizza
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (12" pizza)
- 1 package (2 1/2 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 sweet pepper (or 8oz mini sweet peppers), chopped
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place pizza stone in oven and heat to 450 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the yeast, honey and warm water together. Let sit for a few minutes until creamy.
- With the paddle attachment, mix in bread flour, olive oil and salt. Once combined, change to dough hook and knead for about 5 minutes until the dough is soft and smooth. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and peppers; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Roll out dough to form a 12-inch round, 1/4-inch thick crust. Using a fork, poke holes in the crust to prevent it from bubbling.
- Remove the pizza stone from the oven and transfer the dough onto the hot stone. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Leaving a 1/2-inch border, spread BBQ sauce on crust. Next, add the cooked onion and pepper mixture. Next, spread black beans evenly and finally top with cheese.
- Return the pizza stone to the oven, and bake for 10 additional minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Powered by Recipage