For the meatballs, I followed a recipe from the Peas and Thank You cookbook for Mediterranean lentil meatballs. This is only the second recipe I've tried from the book, but I've really liked both. I need to be better about making recipes from the numerous cookbooks I own.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until mixture forms a wet-looking, thick batter.
- Form mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. I use a medium cookie scoop, which holds about 1 1/2 tablespoons, to portion each ball.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and crisp on the outside.
- 365 brand Worcestershire sauce from Whole Foods is vegan
- Recipe adapted from: Peas and Thank You cookbook
Powered by Recipage