Chris really raved about these tacos, so I had to ask him "better than meat?" He just laughed and said no, as if it were impossible for anything to be better than meat.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients (10 tacos)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup dried brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 oz package taco seasoning (or 2 heaping tablespoons taco seasoning)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 10 taco shells/tortillas
- toppings such as shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add lentils and taco seasoning. Cook until spices are fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until lentils are tender, 30-35 minutes. Uncover lentils and cook until mixture thickens, about 7 minutes.
- Spoon lentil mixture into each taco shell/tortilla, then add topping as desired.
Powered by Recipage