I like making appetizers on weekends because it feels a bit like dining out. We rarely eat out because it's typically more expensive and less healthy than eating at home, which is hard because Milwaukee has some great restaurants.
I've also found that having a cocktail with appetizers makes it feel more like a restaurant experience :) Tonight I enjoyed a cosmopolitan, and was reminded of a favorite line from Sex and the City..."why did we ever stop drinking these?"
If I had fresh basil right now, I would have topped each baguette slice with it. The summer growing season can't come quickly enough!
Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- french baguette
- soft, fresh goat cheese (chèvre)
- roasted red peppers, chopped
- optional seasonings: splash of balsamic vinegar, Italian herbs, salt and pepper
- optional topping: fresh basil, chiffonade
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Slice baguette into 1/2" thick slices.
- Spread goat cheese on each baguette slice. If the texture is too crumbly, allow it to warm at room temperature for a few minutes until it is workable.
- Add peppers to the top of each slice and season as desired. Bake for 5 minutes, and serve warm. Add fresh basil after removing from oven, if desired.
Powered by Recipage