Have you ever had pear pie? I think it's a shame that apple is more popular because pear pie is so good. The one and only place I have ever had it is at my grandma's house. I assume that she makes it because she has a pear tree, and it is a fantastic use of pears.
Once you've made (or puchased) the pie crust, this recipe comes together really quickly. Roll out one pie crust, cut into 2" strips, and then into 4" wide sections. Mix the sliced pears, lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar. Add a couple pear slices to each section of dough, roll it up and sprinkle more cinnamon and sugar on top.
Pear Pie Bites
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Ingredients (makes 24)
- 1 pie crust
- 1 ripe but firm pear, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out one pie crust, and cut into 2-inch strips. Then into 4-inch sections.
- In a small bowl, combine the sliced pears and then lemon juice. Then combine the cinnamon and sugar, reserving one tablespoon of the mixture, and stir in with the pears.
- Place a couple pear slices in pie crust section and roll it up. After each section is rolled, sprinkle the remaining cinnamon and sugar on the top of each.
- Then move each pear bite to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 11 minutes. These are best served warm. Microwave leftovers for 20 seconds each.
Powered by Recipage