Instead of tortellini, as called for in the original recipe, I used raviolini from RP's Pasta Company. It's nice being able to buy locally made (Madison, WI) fresh pasta and it's sold in quite a few states, so it's worth checking out their site to see if it's sold near you.
Pesto Raviolini Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 15oz red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 9oz package cheese-filled raviolini (or tortellini)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons spinach basil pesto
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a 4-quart Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Cook garlic, carrots, celery and onion for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, and bring to a boil. Add beans, raviolini, parsley and pesto. Cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Top each serving with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Powered by Recipage