However, if anyone has a recommended recipe you think I should try, please let me know! I love the ease of making slow cooker chili and it's such a great winter meal, even though we are currently experiencing warm weather for January in Wisconsin.
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours (high), 8 hours (low)
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 15oz tomato puree
- 28oz diced tomatoes
- 15oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15oz garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 30oz kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 16oz vegetarian baked beans
- 4oz mild diced green chiles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (for mild chili)
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a 5- to 6-qt slow cooker, combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Cook for 3 hours on high or 7 hours on low.
Powered by Recipage