Since I didn't already have a favorite pumpkin bread recipe, I went to allrecipes.com and found a recipe reviewed by almost 5,000 people which is always a good sign. I took note of several suggestions, subbing applesauce for half of the oil, reducing the amount of sugar, and adding vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and walnuts.
This was my first time using "Reynolds StayBrite Baking Cups" and I highly recommend them. As you can tell from the photo above, the muffin liner colors don't fade, and they removed very cleanly from the muffins. There are 36 liners in a package which is perfect for this recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes (each batch)
Ingredients (3 dozen)
- 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with liners, or grease and flour.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, eggs, oil, applesauce, vanilla, water and sugar until well blended (I use a stand mixer).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture just until blended. Then mix in the walnuts.
- Scoop batter into muffin pans (I used a large Oxo scoop), approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake muffins for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Powered by Recipage