When I try a new recipe, I always ask Chris what he thinks, so I know if I should make it again. This time around, he told me it needs more flavor. After looking at the online reviews on realsimple.com, it appears he's not the only one. I love the suggestion of adding coconut milk and red curry paste, and will likely try that next time.
Curried Broccoli Couscous
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch of broccoli, finely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 15oz can of chickpeas
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup couscous
- In a 12" skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook broccoli until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, stock, curry powder and salt and bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous, cover, remove from heat and let steam for 5 minutes.
Powered by Recipage