Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies, and I love muffins in general, so the concept of a snickerdoodle muffin was highly appealing, and this recipe did not disappoint! Chris and I both LOVED these muffins.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes (each batch)
Ingredients (20 muffins)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a stand mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until each is incorporated. Then add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add half of the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir to combine. Next, add the sour cream and buttermilk, mixing to combine. Add the rest of the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Then, using a large Oxo scoop (or ice cream scoop), add a scoop of batter to the bowl. Gently roll the batter until it is evenly coated in cinnamon and sugar, and then place the ball of batter into a muffin liner.
- After all of the muffins have been rolled, sprinkle the leftover cinnamon sugar onto the tops of all the muffins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until they are just baked through.
Powered by Recipage