I chose this recipe because it utilized three CSA items - leeks, potatoes and carrots. The original recipe does not call for the soup to be puréed, but after trying the soup straight by the book, I got my immersion blender out. I love the creamy texture that puréeing gives soup.
Leek Soup with Potatoes & Carrots
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes, washed well and cut into small pieces
- 3 leeks, white and light green parts only, well washed and sliced into thin rings
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- Heat oil over medium heat in a stockpot.
- When the oil is hot, add the vegetables and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and cook until the vegetables are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Purée the soup in a blender or with an immersion blender, if desired. I puréed approximately 75% with an immersion blender, because I wanted some remaining chunks of potato.
Recipe adapted from: How to Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman (page 106)
Powered by Recipage