Chef Robert De Nicola of Bon Appétit taught this recipe in a recent cooking class that I attended. The only change I've made from his original recipe is to double the amount of apples.
Chef Robert showed us different "plating" options which I attempted to recreate tonight.
The stacked apples looked a lot better when he assembled them.
Celery Root & Apple Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
Ingredients (6-8 servings)
- 1 lb celery root (celeriac)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- Peel and cut the celery root into julienne strips.
- Peel and core apples. Cut into thin slices and toss with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Add celery root and apples to a large bowl.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, chives, mustard and pepper.
- Fold the mayonnaise mixture into the apples and celery root until coated evenly.
Recipe adapted from: Chef Robert De Nicola - Bon Appétit
Powered by Recipage