I followed a Garlic Braised Greens recipe from Kashi's website, and would have used Kashi 7 Whole Grain Pilaf as called for, but I couldn't find it at the store. Instead, I used Casbah's Lentil Pilaf mix, which we both really liked!
Although this recipe does take 35-40 minutes to cook, there's very little hands-on time which I love! The greens and carrots cook in about 5 minutes, so you cook them just before the lentil pilaf mix has fully absorbed all the water. Then mix the two together and enjoy!
Lentil Pilaf with Carrots & Greens
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
Ingredients (2 main dish servings)
- 7oz lentil pilaf mix
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 6 cups braising greens (collard greens, kale, Asian greens, Swiss chard, mustard greens, turnip greens, or beet greens)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook lentil pilaf according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, carrots and braising greens. Stir quickly until vegetables are evenly coated with the oil.
- Reduce heat to low. Add water, salt, pepper and mix well. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and mix with hot cooked lentil pilaf.
Recipe adapted from: Kashi.com
Powered by Recipage