Cinnamon Roll Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (12 muffins)
- 1 cup buttermilk (I used 1 cup milk, 1 tbsp lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour plus more for dusting
- 2 tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the brown sugar, baking soda, salt, vanilla and egg to a large mixing bowl and mix with a fork.
- Then add the buttermilk, and mix together with a fork.
- Add the flour, stirring with a wooded spoon until thoroughly combined (do not over mix). Add a little more flour if the dough is sticky.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or two.
- Roll the dough into a 12-inch by 24-inch rectangle. Then using a rubber spatula, spread with butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon, then sprinkle the buttered surface evenly.
- Roll the dough into a log and stretch slightly. Cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces and put the pieces into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes, and then remove from the muffin tins.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and milk with a fork. Add more milk if the icing isn't thin enough to drizzle. Then drizzle each muffin with icing, when cool.
Source: The Baker Chick
Powered by Recipage