Black Bean Burgers
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Ingredients (makes 4)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (vegetarian version available at Whole Foods)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Place black beans in a large bowl and mash with a fork to a chunky consistency.
- Grind oats into a coarse flour using a blender or food processor and add to bowl with beans. Add remaining ingredients and combine with a fork.
- Place bean mixture refrigerator to chill and to allow flavors to meld for at least 20 minutes.
- Using your hands, divide bean mixture into four portions and form each portion into a patty.
- Place a large skillet coated with vegetable oil spray over medium-high heat, add patties and cook 6 to 7 minutes on each side until patties are crisp and lightly browned.
- Serve burgers on whole wheat buns and top with ketchup, mustard, lettuce, pickles, tomato as desired.
Powered by Recipage