Chris and I had these topped with a bit of ranch dressing tonight, but I think they'd also be delicious in a hamburger bun topped with lettuce, tomato and pickle like the zucchini cake minis on the Ruby Tuesday menu.
Baked Zucchini Cakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (12 cakes)
- 3 cups grated zucchini (from 2 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning (or substitute below)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Old Bay Substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and spray two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Grate zucchini on the large holes of a box grater. Squeeze grated zucchini in a clean kitchen towel. Zucchini should be fairly dry, and you should have about 2 cups after removing it from the towel.
- Place zucchini and remaining ingredients in a bowl; mix well. Form into 12 patties (approximate 2-inch diameter), and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then turn each cake over and bake for another 8 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately. We like ours with ranch dressing.
Powered by Recipage