Baked Zucchini Cakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (makes 12 cakes)
- 3 cups (2 medium) zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning (or substitute below)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp dried leaf oregano
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray two baking sheets with canola oil.
- Grate zucchini on the large holes of a box grater.
- Squeeze grated zucchini in a clean kitchen towel. Zucchini should be fairly dry, and you should have about 2 cups after removing it from the towel.
- Place zucchini and remaining ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- Form into 12 patties (approximate 2-inch diameter), and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then turn each cake over and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. We like ours with ranch dressing.
Powered by Recipage