The ice cream maker was really easy to use and I'd highly recommend getting one...at least based on my first and only experience :)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (1 quart)
- 12 oz fresh raspberries or strawberries (hulled)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk (skim is ok, but whole milk tastes even better)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- Process berries, sugar, and milk in a blender until smooth. Pour into a glass bowl.
- Add in the cream and stir just enough to combine (do not whip the cream). Then, add the lemon/lime juice and stir.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours and up to overnight. At this time, also freeze your ice cream maker container.
- Transfer the mixture into an ice cream maker and process for 15 minutes. Serve immediately or freeze up to one month. To freeze, transfer to a freezer-safe container and press plastic wrap on top of the gelato inside the container.
- If you serve the gelato immediately, it will have the consistency of soft serve ice cream. After several hours in the freezer, it will become as hard as traditional ice cream.
Powered by Recipage