This is one of my favorite summer salads, and the recipe comes from one of my favorite nutrition experts Dr. Miriam Nelson. Check out her StrongWomen website for more great recipes.
Quinoa Summer Salad
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup summer squash, chopped
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the olive oil, 1 T of lemon juice, and garlic.
- Pour into a medium saucepan and add the quinoa.
- Stir occasionally until lightly browned (about five minutes).
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Simmer, cover, and cook until quinoa is tender (about fifteen minutes).
- Remove from heat and pour the mixture into a bowl; toss with parsley, basil, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, peppers, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Let cool and serve cold or at room temperature.
Powered by Recipage