The only slight problem I had when making this recipe was spreading the refried beans, which were much easier to spread after being heated in the microwave for one minute. I also had Chris hold the tortillas while I spread the beans because they kept moving around on me. Macho man thought he could hold them with his fingers, until he realized what a 400 degree pan feels like. Then he switched to using the ends of two wooden spoons :)
Next time I'd probably chop the green pepper and green onion a little smaller, but I was in a hurry and it all tastes the same. We'll definitely be making this recipe again!
Mexican Tortilla Pizzas
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 6 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 can refried beans
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups (8oz) shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place tortillas in a single-layer on baking sheets. Bake for 5 minutes, or until crisp.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the refried beans, 1 tablespoon taco sauce, green pepper and tomato on each tortilla.
- Top with cheese and finally green onions.
- Bake for an additional 8 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut each tortilla into 8 wedges to serve. Serve immediately because the pizza cools quickly!
Powered by Recipage