I realized tonight that I'm almost out of coconut milk from Trader's Joe's, so a trip there next weekend is a must. I wish it was closer, but have heard rumors that one is coming to Brookfield, which would be great. I had recently stocked up, but then discovered coconut rice pudding :)
Curried Cauliflower & Chickpeas with Couscous
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours (High), 6 hours (Low)
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 3 medium-size carrots, finely chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (about 3/4 pound)
- 30oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1 cup dry couscous (optional)
- In slow cooker bowl, stir together carrots, cauliflower, chickpeas, peas, onion, garlic, curry powder, coriander and red pepper flakes.
- Pour vegetable broth and coconut milk over top.
- Cover slow cooker bowl and cook for 3 hours on high or for 6 hours on low.
- Remove 2 cups chickpea mixture to a small bowl and mash with a potato masher; stir in salt and basil if desired, return mashed chickpea mixture to slow cooker bowl.
- Stir until well combined and heated through.
- If using couscous, prepare according to package directions, about 5 minutes; serve as the base for the curry.
Recipe adapted from: Family Circle
Powered by Recipage