Thanksgiving is often filled with carbs, especially for vegetarians, so I'm trying to add as many non-potato vegetable dishes to the menu as possible. This green bean recipe from Woman's Day will definitely be on my Thanksgiving menu!
Compound butter is easy to make and this garlic-herb version is ideal to serve on your Thanksgiving table along with homemade bread. Using a high quality butter, such a Kerrygold, will be noticeable in this type of recipe and I find it's worth the splurge for a special occasion like Thanksgiving.
Green Beans with Garlic-Herb Butter
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons garlic-herb butter
- Bring a large saucepan (3-quart) of water to a boil. Add green beans to boiling water and cook just until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain the beans and return to the pan. Add garlic-herb butter and toss until the butter is melted.
- Recipe Source: Woman's Day - November 2014
Powered by Recipage